- If you're INDOORS when it hits, Drop, Cover, and Hold On!
- If you're OUTDOORS when it hits, Move to a clear area if you can safely do so.
- If you're DRIVING when it hits, pull over to the side, stop and set your parking brake.
- AVOID overpasses, bridges and power-lines.
- Have on hand: Water, food, blankets, clothing, flashlights, batteries, radio--for SEVERAL days or WEEKS.
- Have emergency items in your car
- Prepare your home: secure furniture, electronics, wall hangings, ANYTHING that could fall
- Know where your gas shut off is and HOW to SHUT IT OFF
Those are just a teeny-tiny list of things WE should DO. For more information on this event TODAY and HOW-TO be prepared, click on THE SHAKEOUT.
Other helpful links below include:
ShakeOut: What You Can Do
Dare to Prepare
Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country
U.S. Geological Survey